Weekly Devotional

By Max Lucado
Dependable people are like diamonds. They are precious because they are so rare. Experience and know-how are great assets, but they are not much good without trustworthiness. Talent is wonderful, but by itself its not enough. Far better to be a faithful christian. Are you? Like Timothy and Epaphroditus , are you a role model for others? Determine to be a person others can rely on. Keep your word. Show up. Be consistent. Live for others. Take risks . Be a "go to" guy or gal. Make it your goal, by God's grace, to exemplify a life of spiritual steadiness.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Poem By Inmate at Rayburn Correctional

Three Fold Ministries has been ministering at Rayburn Correctional for 4 years. Several of us go in each week and are involved in the Faith Based Programs as mentors. We conduct a Saturday night worship service once a month and also do a Saturday Outreach twice a year. At the Saturday Outreach we take motorcycles on the yards, have 2 worship services and feed the staff and all the inmates that come to worship, hamburgers and the trimmings. At the last Outreach there were about 700 inmates that came to the worship services. Praise God! AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE TO PARTICIPATE AND WOMEN CAN GO!!

The prison publishes a newspaper called the Chainlink Chronicle, that is fantastic. It is 25 to 30 pages and written primarily by the inmates. In the July edtion, an inmate Barry McGarry wrote a poem about the outreach and we have permission to print it.

GOD' GLOW


I felt a spiritual feeling away deep inside
my heart very soon became content,
I wished to see myself in time
just like those biker messengers God had sent.

I was raised as a Christian from my childhood
I learned Gods' love as I worked on my pride,
but those bikers of God really made me see the light
that just yesterday I might have denied.

It came to me as no surprise
that Jesus was written all over each face;
it had seemed as if they glowed or sparkled
and even chose a prison to shed God's grace.

They sang sweet songs within their hearts
as they told testimonies of their lives,
then I noticed some of the strongest here
shed tears and started to wipe their eyes.

I truly and desperately wanted them to know
how good they made our broken hearts feel,
but you could have asked anyone there
how they took satan down on their battlefield.

Jesus was that day found
for some who really didn't know,
all glory to the King
and those bikers who saw God's Glow.

by Barry McGarry

This inmate and others have expressed how much they have been blessed by our ministering to them, BUT, if you talk to any of the volunteers who have gone into the prison, WE ARE THE ONES WHO GET BLESSED.

No comments: