Weekly Devotional

By Max Lucado
Dependable people are like diamonds. They are precious because they are so rare. Experience and know-how are great assets, but they are not much good without trustworthiness. Talent is wonderful, but by itself its not enough. Far better to be a faithful christian. Are you? Like Timothy and Epaphroditus , are you a role model for others? Determine to be a person others can rely on. Keep your word. Show up. Be consistent. Live for others. Take risks . Be a "go to" guy or gal. Make it your goal, by God's grace, to exemplify a life of spiritual steadiness.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pastor Williams Ray in India














































































I have been emailing Pastor Ray in East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh in Southeastern India for about 6 weeks. It is amazing the ministry that the Lord has he and about 50 on his ministry team doing. They have 29 small churches with about 20 people in each church meeting in thatched roof buildings. They also have an orphanage with 21 children.

We have mailed to them the Jesus Video in their language, Telugu, and also shipped 60 Bibles and and 80 New Testaments. He will receive these in about 2 weeks. We are wiring them enough money to purchase a DVD Player.

Pastor Ray has requested that we pray for 2 of his flock that are having health problems. Remember PODUGU RATNAM and MORATH VINITH in your prayers.

If everything keeps working in the direction it is, a trip over will be planned for sometime this summer or fall. Interested let me know.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I have had an email realtionship with this Pastor Ray now for several weeks. My great question is how he got my name and email address? How did he get yours? He is using all kinds of flamboyant language, addressing me as if I were an Old Testament prophet, an aposle, a saint or an angel. I am beginning to feel like this is a huge set-up. How did he get information on you? Is there anything else besides his mysteriously appearing emails and pictures (that could come from anywhere) that could make me feel like I'm not in the middle of being dupped? He has said he wants me to come to India to preach and that is good. But I'm beginning to wonder if the pictures of "Ray" are just pictures of a Gospel preacher in India that some guy somewhere else has borrowed in order to appear genuine while I am being led deeper and deeper into a financial contribution that doesn't benefit anyone except this man who might not be a pastor or from India. My gut is starting to give me these warnings on a strong level these days, so I started looking on the internet to see if anyone else has run into him.

I'm starting to remember other times I was taken for a ride and looked like a fool, having placed money into the hands of thieves.

I would appreciate your take on this at philappling@gmail.com